[U-Boot] android fastboot support on U-boot

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 30 12:09:48 CEST 2010

Hi Bas,

>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:31:06 +0200, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>>> Hi shulin,

>>> Can yopu please tell me what the "the android fastboot" protocol is?
>>>

> http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fastboot
>
> "Fastboot is protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android
> devices from a host over USB. It allows flashing of unsigned partition
> images."
>
> I was already wondering how feasible it would be to have a board with
> USB slave behave like an USB memory stick to flash the firmware by
> simply copying a file from the host to it.

Yet another alternative for the problem already solved by DFU[1]?  Damn,
after some recent activity in this area again I was starting to raise my
hopes that more people realize such a thing exists already :(

Thanks
  Detlev

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_DFU

--
You see, the best way to solve a problem is to rigorously define it in
terms of other people's problems, and then run away quickly.