[U-Boot] android fastboot support on U-boot

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 30 13:11:38 CEST 2010

Hi Bas,

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:09:48 +0200, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> Yet another alternative for the problem already solved by DFU[1]?  Damn,
>> after some recent activity in this area again I was starting to raise my
>> hopes that more people realize such a thing exists already :(
>>

> OK, there appears to be U-boot support as well.
> It needs a util on the host, but for development purposes that would be
> fine.
>
> A usb-storage like solution would be more flexible. It could have the
> option to poke around in a jffs2 image while still in u-boot. Very nice
> when the firmware doesn't boot or let you log in due to a small mistake
> in the image.

Is that fastboot usb-storage based?  From the wiki-page that you
referenced I only see that you also need a separate host tool to use it.
So that's not much of a difference, is it?

> But I guess that jffs2 R/W support in U-Boot is a bridge or two to far
> :-))

And maybe a bridge I would not invest time anymore as UBI+UBIFS seems to
be the weapon of choice against the fallability of NAND devices.

Cheers
  Detlev

  - Ken Thompson.