[U-Boot] BBT support to UBOOT question

Steven Zedeck saz at proliphix.com
Fri Feb 12 16:35:33 CET 2010

Hi all,
I'm not really sure as to the protocol for asking this question. So I'll go
right ahead.

I've seen code on the web written by open moko that tries to address the
issue of adding BBT creation to the uboot nand command. I looked at the
latest released uboot (2009.11.1) and I don't see the "createbbt" support in
the common/cmd_nand.c file

I'm not sure what that means? Does it mean there is an issue with it or does
it not mean some uboot criteria? Again, hope I'm asking this correctly.

Does this functionality exist elsewhere within Uboot?

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel, plus the fact that I don't know the
details about nand devices as yet. I was hoping that support to
create/generate the Nand BBT in Uboot existed.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Steve