[U-Boot] Board is not booting after flashing U-boot and hard reset

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jan 4 11:07:07 CET 2010

Hi Prakash,

On Thursday 31 December 2009 11:04:50 prakash bedge wrote:
> Why the below code start with the TLB1?
>
> My U-boot image is supposed to boot from flash, so here #else condition is
> valid in my case. I believe it should start from the TLB 0 entry. But I
> think TLB0 is not selected.
>
> code snippet from /cpu/ppc4xx/start.S
>
>   addis    r0,0,0x0000
> #ifdef CONFIG_SYS_RAMBOOT
>     li    r4,0        /* Start with TLB #0 */
> #else
>     li    r4,1        /* Start with TLB #1 */
> #endif
>     li    r1,64        /* 64 TLB entries */
>     sub    r1,r1,r4    /* calculate last TLB # */
>     mtctr    r1
>
> ..
> Here we are setting TLBs from 0-63.
> #else
>     bl    tlbtab        /* Get tlbtab pointer */
> #endif
>     mr    r5,r0
>     li    r1,0x003f    /* 64 TLB entries max */
>     mtctr    r1
>     li    r4,0        /* TLB # */
>
> I might be not very clear of above code. Please explain.

What makes you think that this code causes problems with your custom board
port? Did you check the content of the TLB's using a JTAG debugger (tlb 0 63
on the BDI2000/3000)?

BTW: This code is working for all kind of PPC4xx boards. Even 440GX based
ones. So I don't really expect a problem with your board in this code snippet
here.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de