[U-Boot] ppc: How to get uboot (relocated) start address in RAM

Richard Retanubun RichardRetanubun at RuggedCom.com
Thu Jan 14 22:46:56 CET 2010

Hi,

I a world post-ppc-relocation-patch, with gd->reloc_off removed,

I seem to have lost my way of figuring out uboot's address in RAM at run time.
Previously, I am able to use (gd->reloc_off+CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE) to get the answer.

Knowing the address is very useful for debuggging uboot using gdb.

The only spot that works now is the dest_addr variable in lib_ppc/board.c::board_init_r

debug ("Now running in RAM - U-Boot at: %08lx\n", dest_addr);

But the dest_addr is not saved into a global data variable.

Is it ok if I submit a patch that copies this dest_addr to gd->relocaddr
(currently only used by CONFIG_AMIGAONEG3SE) and print it as part of bdinfo?

Or is there a better method I am missing?

Regards,

- Richard Retanubun