[U-Boot] U-boot running on DDR fails to detect the CFI compliant flash

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jan 19 14:49:27 CET 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010 07:24:10 prakash bedge wrote:
> I have tried the code in the URL link you have provided. But still I am
> facing the same problem. I am getting the error in "flash_detect_cfi" as
> flash not found. It fails at initial stage at read CFI query command.
> The code you have provided is for M29W128GL.(Numonix). Will this work for
> M29W128GH (STMIcrotronics)?

Frankly, I don't know. You need to check the datasheets, to see if there are
some differences.

> I believe Uboot support M29W128GH flash. I am using this flash chip in 16 x
> 8 bit mode.
> The URL I provided is available under the thread:
> "[U-Boot] Query: Does Uboot support CFI flash driver forM29W128GH".
> Can there be an endianness issue, as I am running uboot from SDRAM and in
> Big endian mode?

No, I don't think that this is an endian issue. All PPC4xx platforms are doing
it the same way. This must be a different problem.

Did you check that the NOR chip is really selected (chip select signal etc on
the FLASH chip via oscilloscope)? Are the addresses correct for the query
(etc) commands?

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de