[U-Boot] U-Boot for LENO3 processor board

Daniel Hellstrom daniel at gaisler.com
Thu Jan 21 15:04:00 CET 2010

Hi,

Detlev Zundel wrote:

>Hi Balaji,
>

>>I am having the following boot requirements:
>>
>>Boot software will be flashed in to PROM, which should start from PROM
>>and copy the application software which is flahsed in other flash
>>device in different address space. The processor is LEON3FT.
>>
>>is current release of U-Boot supports LEON3FT architecture, please
>>provide with details and link to get start
>>

>Actually I don't know much about the Leon line of CPUs, but I see that
>we have three configurations using a Leon CPU: gr_cpci_ax2000,
>gr_ep2s60, grsim and gr_xc3s_1500.  I put the maintainer of these boards
>on CC, so maybe he can answer that.
>
>Cheers
>  Detlev

Thank you for CC:ing me Detlev.

As Detlev points out there are three BSPs available. Since the LEON3 is
a SOC it is hard to support all different configurations on a board, so
the BSPs intention is to support the template design of GRLIB.

The LEON3FT is not supported in the current u-boot available in the
sparc git repository at denx.de. Some extra steps must be taken when
running the fault-tolerant LEON3, one must clear memory and registered
for example so that the CRCs of the registers are correct.

I have a version that supports LEON3FT available at
ftp://ftp.gaisler.com/u-boot/u-boot-sparc-vxworks-1.0.0.tar.gz,
currently I'm working with generating patches for the LEON3 CPU/boards,
I have reworked some parts of the current LEON port. I suggest you wait
one day or so until I push the patches onto the SPARC-u-boot git repo,
after that I will also add the LEON3FT patches. In the meanwhile you can
try the FTP link.

Regards,
Daniel