[U-Boot] imx51 u-boot

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Jan 22 22:49:34 CET 2010

Rick Bronson wrote:
> Hi Sbabic,

Hi Rick,

>   I have the u-boot from the freescale ltib tar ball but it doesn't
> seem to run too well.  I comes up but when I press any keys nothing
> happens.  Anyway, I was wondering if you have anything newer that I
> could try.

Please send your questions to u-boot ML. It is the right place where we
can exchange experience on u-boot.

>  BTW, I just blasted u-boot into the 1st part of the SD
> card and prayed:
>
> 	sudo dd if=u-boot/u-boot.bin of=$(SD_CARD) bs=512 seek=0

If this is the u-boot you find in the ltib, the command could be
correct. It depends how u-boot is built.

The MX51 processor reads automatically the SD card starting from address
0x400. At this address, the processor must find the DCD table.
In the patches I sent, I follow another approach: u-boot is build
independently from the device where you will store the bootloader. You
have to generate u-boot.imx (with "make u-boot.imx"), that adds the DCD
table and then you must store it at the correct offset. On a SD card,
this means with:

	dd if=u-boot.imx of=$(SD_CARD) bs=512 seek=2

Do you try the patches I sent to the ML ? And which is the version of
your processor (TO1, TO2 or TO3) and of the board ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de