[U-Boot] imx51 u-boot

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Tue Jan 26 20:10:18 CET 2010

Hi Stefano,

> Please send your questions to u-boot ML. It is the right place where we
> can exchange experience on u-boot.

  Okay.

> If this is the u-boot you find in the ltib, the command could be
> correct. It depends how u-boot is built.
>
> The MX51 processor reads automatically the SD card starting from address
> 0x400. At this address, the processor must find the DCD table.
> In the patches I sent, I follow another approach: u-boot is build
> independently from the device where you will store the bootloader. You
> have to generate u-boot.imx (with "make u-boot.imx"), that adds the DCD
> table and then you must store it at the correct offset. On a SD card,
> this means with:
>
> 	dd if=u-boot.imx of=$(SD_CARD) bs=512 seek=2

 Okay, thanks much for the info.

> Do you try the patches I sent to the ML ? And which is the version of
> your processor (TO1, TO2 or TO3) and of the board ?

  Not sure what patches these are or where to find them.  Also not
sure what source to apply these patches to.  Is it the latest on
denx.de or the ltib sources?  Not sure what rev of the processor I
have, my bootup log is here http://www.efn.org/~rick/pub/imx51.log
although  I don't see any T01, T02, etc printing.

  I gues it would be nice if there were some instructions for getting
up to date on the latest u-boot for the iMX51 eval board.  I'd be
happy to help put together a set.

  Thanks very much for the help.

  Rick