[U-Boot] UART loadb problem in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 30 09:19:30 CET 2010

Dear prathika,

In message <4B63CD35.9060400 at deeopl.com> you wrote:

> I am right now working on a board with PPC440EP processor.
> I am loading the u-boot on to the board. the board has DDR SDRAM of CAS
> 3 latency, i have made changes accordingly in the u-boot.

Hm... what makes you so sure that your RAM configuration is really
working stable?

> The board is up and booting now.I am able to see the debug statements on
> the UART terminal.

This is just very basic functionality. It is no prrof at all that your
system is running stable.

Can you, for example, boot Linux on your board? Is Ethernet working?

> But when i try to load a binary file using loadb command, there are
> errors in loading and the board hangs giving a warning message as
> quoted. The file loading also gets aborted.
>
> "## Switch baudrate to 115200 bps and press ESC ...\n"
>
> Because of this i am not able to load my test application and execute it
> on the board.

Can you not load it with a JTAG debugger? Or burn it to flash
(together with the U-Boot image) and start it there?

> Why can this problem happen?

I belive your RAM is not working correctly. Chek the initialization
again.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The optimum committee has no members.
                                                   - Norman Augustine