[U-Boot] Enabling ARM DCache (and MMU setup) in U-Boot

Lv Terry-R65388 r65388 at freescale.com
Mon Jul 5 07:31:04 CEST 2010

 Hi Rasha,

	As I know, u-boot has a weak support on mmu and cache.

	We have enabled mmu and dcache in our u-boot version.
	But I don't know what your case is.

	So I can just give you some suggestions.

	1. mmu and dcache should be enabled very early, for example, in start.S or lowlevel_init.S.
	2. Although functions in cache-cp15.c are inlined, they will be compiled as functions if you use them.
	   So you may need to modify cache-cp15.c to cache-cp15.h and modify inline functions to macros.
	3. Add flush_cache functions. This function is needed in funcion cleanup_before_linux() in cpu.c.

	Thanks~~

Yours
Terry