[U-Boot] Need Help in bulding U-boot-2010-06 for OpenRD client

kalyan karnati kriskalyan21 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 17:47:36 CEST 2010

Hi Albert,
Thanks for your reply.

I compiled U-boot with the patch that enables support for
OpenRD_client and OpenRD_ultimate given by Tanmay.
OpenRD Client is connected to PC/Host with FTDI programmed for Channel
A as CPU FIFO.

I'm using the binary for OpenOCD that I got from Marvell to tranfer
uboot.bin into board's NAND.
I copied the 'u-boot-2010.06.bin' in to
~\openocd\openocd.binaries.libftdi/bin as 'uboot.bin'.
Then executed the command ' ./openocd –f target/board/openrd.cfg –c
init -c openrd_reflash_uboot'

Logs show:
wrote file uboot.bin to NAND flash 0 up to offset 0x0004e800 in 50.190395s
Info : JTAG tap: feroceon.cpu tap/device found: 0x20a023d3
(Manufacturer: 0x1e9, Part: 0x0a02, Version: 0x2)
Info : JTAG Tap/device matched

But then the board doesn't boot and the console is all blank :(
Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong..

Thanks,
Kalyan.

Hi Kalyan,

I've successfully used the base config for a client board, as well as
used a patch recently sent to this list that adds client and ultimate
support. You can search the list for 'ultimate' for instance:

Re: your issue, can you detail exactly how you load and run u-boot via
openocd? What operations do you perform on the board, and what commands
do you issue on your debugging host to launch openocd?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.