[U-Boot] USB CDC branch

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Tue Jul 13 21:24:12 CEST 2010

Hi Stefano,

2010/7/13 Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de>:
> Hi Remy,
>
> I would like to add support for Ethernet over USB (CDC) for the musb
> (musb_udc) controller, basing on your cdc branch in u-boot-usb.

Great!

> I have seen there are some conflicts and some duplicated structure
> between the header imported from linux (linux/usb/ch9.h) and the headers
> in u-boot (usbdescriptors.h, for example), and I have started to solve
> these issues.
>
> However, before doing some unnecessary work, I prefer to ask you which
> are your plans about this branch

Well, the branch exist already for quite some time, and I did not
discover much interest in it for at least the last year, so that did
not convince me to invest much time in it to get it mainline ready.
However, it seems time has changed by now, so lets get this beast to
mainline.
The current status is that it is still up to date and we use it
ourselves, even in combination with the U-boot 2010.06 release.

> and if you think it could be merged soon to the u-boot-usb master and, at the end, brought to the mainline.

Of course this could be merged to mainline! We first have to get it
reviewed on the ML because that has never been done before...

Kind regards,

Remy