[U-Boot] USB CDC branch

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Wed Jul 14 13:09:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> The device unplug/plug behaviour was a pain for RNDIS,
>
> Do you mean that Windows and u-boot do not recognize cable unplug?

Device unplug/plug behaviour on Windows is so slooooow...
What I mean with unplug/plug is removing and adding the pullup
resistor that makes the devices visible to the host.
We had huge timeouts between unplug/plug up to more then 10 seconds,
and the host could sometimes not even keep up.
It frequently ran into conditions that the device was not seen at all
anymore, up to even a very slow mouse responsiveness, and to
malfunction of the context menus and so on, either eventually
resulting in BSOD or manual reboot.
All these problems vanished with the use of a CDC device driver on Windows...

Kind regards,

Remy