[U-Boot] Question about patches

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 20 11:46:38 CEST 2010

Dear Fabio Giovagnini,

In message <201007200855.01581.fabio.giovagnini at aurion-tech.com> you wrote:

> for sending a patch do I need to have on my PC two u-bbot tree, one original
> obtaned by git command, and another to make the modifications?

No. You can work in a single tree, for example by using one or more
development branches.

Try to read one of the available introductions into git.

> Or can I produce the patches using the original tree resident on git server?

There is no such thing as a git server. Each copy of the git
repository is complete and independent - kind of it's own server.
Once you have cloned the repository somewhere, you can work
independently.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If something is different, it's either better or worse,  and  usually
both.                                                    - Larry Wall