[U-Boot] several problems with ethernet on MCF5445x

John Schmoller jschmoller at xes-inc.com
Tue Mar 23 16:11:06 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 15:50 +0100, w.wegner at astro-kom.de wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to get ethernet to work on my custom MCF54455 board
> and having some trouble.
>
> I have a DP83848J PHY connected in MII mode to each of the FEC0
> and FEC1 ports (seperate MDIO connection). Both PHYs are set to
> address 0x0. *)

Are you sure this is what you want?  From the data sheet:

Strapping PHY Address 0 puts the part into Isolate Mode.

When in the MII isolate mode, the DP83848J does not
respond to packet data present at TXD[3:0], TX_EN inputs
and presents a high impedance on the TX_CLK, RX_CLK,
RX_DV, RX_ER, RXD[3:0], COL, and CRS outputs. When
in Isolate mode, the DP83848J will continue to respond to
all management transactions.

John