[U-Boot] [RFC] arm926ejs: fix jump to RAM nand_boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 3 14:00:26 CET 2010

Dear "V, Aneesh",

In message <FF55437E1F14DA4BAEB721A458B6701706FD313852 at dbde02.ent.ti.com> you wrote:

> Just curious. Why don't we allocate memory for such needs below the
> u-boot (lower address) like we do for malloc area and stack. This way
> the location where u-boot is relocated will only depend on the SDRAM=20
> size and size of u-boot itself, right?

That would mean that all the memory where U-Boot was located is lost
for use in Linux, as we reserve these areas by adjusting the "mem="
boot argument.  Allocation of such memory blocks must start at the
top, ang do downwards. And U-Boot lies below that, then.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
And now remains  That we find out the cause of this effect, Or rather
say, the cause of this defect...           -- Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2