[U-Boot] ARM: problem with linker option -pie

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 30 23:17:11 CEST 2010

Dear Darius Augulis,

In message <4CCC85B4.6060102 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Sorry, but this is not a solution. You may use this as momentary
> > workaround if you need a running system, but it cannot go into
> > mainline.
>
> Of course not. I just wanted inform that -pie is not working.
> Actually I don't know how to fix it correctly. It's may be interesting
> for more people, especially who wrote relocation code.

Which exact tool chain are you using?

Do you have a chance to build with ELDK 4.2?

Or, if your code is all in mainline (or you are willing to send me
patches), would you test an image that I compile for you, using LDK
4.2?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd heard her use that sweet, innocent  tone  of  voice  before.  It
meant that, pretty soon, there was going to be trouble.
                                        - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_