[U-Boot] ARM: problem with linker option -pie

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Oct 30 23:42:55 CEST 2010

Le 30/10/2010 23:17, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :
> Dear Darius Augulis,
>
> In message<4CCC85B4.6060102 at gmail.com>  you wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, but this is not a solution. You may use this as momentary
>>> workaround if you need a running system, but it cannot go into
>>> mainline.
>>
>> Of course not. I just wanted inform that -pie is not working.
>> Actually I don't know how to fix it correctly. It's may be interesting
>> for more people, especially who wrote relocation code.
>
> Which exact tool chain are you using?
>
> Do you have a chance to build with ELDK 4.2?
>
> Or, if your code is all in mainline (or you are willing to send me
> patches), would you test an image that I compile for you, using LDK
> 4.2?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

I would really like it if someone, especially Alexander or Darius or
both, could build u-boot and send me the whole u-boot ELF binary (not
the raw binary) along with the commit ID of the source tree they built
and the exact version of binutils they use, so that I can look up and
compare the whole things. It could be a change in the relocation code of
binutils, for instance; but I can't find out without the ELF binaries.

I don't need the -fPIC version; the one with -pie alone is the one I need.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.