[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Mon Apr 4 20:26:27 CEST 2011

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:20:57 -0500
Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Timur Tabi wrote:
>
> > powerpc/85xx: introduce 'fdt verify' command
>
> I'm wondering if its better to just set the dtb props instead of verifying.

It's not realistic to patch everything (if we do that, might as well just
generate the tree from scratch), and likewise fdt verify doesn't check
everything.  It checks some important bits to detect common errors such as
mixing 32/36 bit.  Patching a tree with such an error would not result in a
working tree.

-Scott