[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Apr 4 20:27:44 CEST 2011

Kumar Gala wrote:
>> > powerpc/85xx: introduce 'fdt verify' command

> I'm wondering if its better to just set the dtb props instead of verifying.

In the long run, I agree. But this code is available now and it could help.

The verify command is easier to implement because it doesn't require that a
particular PCI address match a particular PCI node.  That is, I search all PCI
nodes and all addresses within a node to find a match.

Setting the dtb props would require hard-coded matches between the U-Boot macros
and the PCI nodes.  It would be a significant amount of work, and each board
would need to be updated, I think.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale