[U-Boot] CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE not working with NAND env

Nick Thompson nick.thompson at ge.com
Wed Apr 6 10:21:08 CEST 2011

On 05/04/11 18:46, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:07:13 +0100
> Nick Thompson <nick.thompson at ge.com> wrote:

>>> NAND isnt the only one with this problem (SPI does too last i looked).
>>>  during early boot, you only have the default env available.  so if
>>> you want silent console, i'd suggest you enable that in your default
>>> env.
>>> -mike
>> Yes, that's what I intend to do, I think, though I'd have liked it to be
>> configurable at run time.
> Try enabling CONFIG_NAND_ENV_DST to have the environment be loaded by the
> SPL along with the main U-Boot image.  You didn't say what board/chip
> you're using, so if you're using something other than the common
> nand_boot.c you may need to add support for this (it's just a couple
> lines), and silence any output from the SPL itself.
>
> -Scott

Thanks Scott,

That's interesting. I'm using a TI board (da830evm). Unfortunately it has its
own UBL, so I don't have the SPL to configure that way.

That might be a good reason to consider dropping the UBL though. I believe
TI are moving to U-Boot SPL themselves.

I'll add it to my TODO list.

Thanks,
Nick.