[U-Boot] [RFC] Centralise documentation of CONFIG_ options (and finding unused ones)

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu Apr 14 08:17:56 CEST 2011

Hi Graeme,

Le 11/04/2011 15:11, Graeme Russ a écrit :

> So my RFC is twofold:
>   1) Should we start to systematically remove unused options

I would tend to answer 'yes'. Unused options should not clobber code or
documentation.

>   2) Should we centralise all options in a single README (or two, one for
> standard CONFIG options and one for CONFIG_SYS options)?

That would be nice indeed, but it requires all options to have the same
semantics over all arches. While this is highly desirable, it may not be
true ATM -- just thinking out loud, haven't checked. But even if some
options only make sense only for some arch(es), then we could always do
it this way:

	doc/README.CONFIG_options
	doc/README.CONFIG_SYS_options
	doc/arch/README.CONFIG_options