[U-Boot] Fix for overlapping sections?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 25 19:21:36 CEST 2011

Dear "Ciummo, Larry (DS-1)",

please keep the mailing list on Cc:.

In message <F4BA0E7CACFBAC4384DC92F2D5AAB507B1165B at DSGBURGMAIL001.gburg.drs-ds.master> you wrote:

> Stephan:

I'm not Stephan.

> Out board really isn't a Canyonlands, but a 460GT based board with a lot
> of custom hardware and mfg/bringup diagnostics code added.  Certainly
> porting to a newer uboot is possible, but would require a lot of work.

I expected something like this.  This is the penalty you have to pay
for not pushing your changes into mainline as soon as they are ready.

> I'd also like to wait until the AMCC folks get the DDR2 auto cal timing
> code in the main stream - I ported that myself and it took about a day
> to get it working, and I still haven't found a way to save the DDR2
> timing data somewhere to avoid the long boot process to determine them
> each time.

Are you aware of any such activities?  I don't remember any related
postings.  The last posting from AMCC/APM appears to be from early
December 2010, and I cannot find any DDR initialization related
postings from them before that either.

I would not hold my breath waiting for any cod updates from that side.

> If you have any ideas on that let me know.

Well, with an out-of-tree port you are basicly on your own.  We don't
know that code, so the community cannot help you with it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really know what's going on.