[U-Boot] How can I replace the Linux scrolling text during boot-up with a splash image?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 25 20:58:17 CEST 2011

Dear Stephen Saputo,

In message <BANLkTik_1WxTCJaf-T6OrcoUJWuE8pMhhQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I need some help in determining how to have a color splash image display in
> place of the Linux scrolling-text during the boot-up process on an embedded
> Linux device using u-boot. The kernel used is a stripped-down version of
> Linux (kernel 2.6.29), which has been custom configured.  The distros used
> are Ubuntu Linux 10.04 (development platform) and X-Linux 5.6.2 (target
> platform).  Our bootloader is syslinux.

This is the U-Boot mailing list.  Your question is completely off
topic here.

Hint: try passing a "console=null" boot argument.

> Also, is there a way to make u-boot support our custom board?

Maybe.  It's hard to give a precise answer when you don't even
disclose which architecture and/or board you are talking about?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Some programming languages manage to  absorb  change,  but  withstand
progress.          -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982