[U-Boot] Question about theKernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 1 21:31:46 CET 2011

Dear "StrongLeg",

In message <74376E61A3BD4FD5A8ED9CD9E483F3B9 at stronglegf60fee> you wrote:
> the entry address of uImage is 0x80300040, in the do_bootm_linux() function,
> theKernel is set to that address correctly, the parameter is passed
> correctly to, but after run to theKernel, gdb said: "Cannot access memory at
> address 0x7xxxxxxx", gdb command 'si' 'set $pc' can't change pc value,
> does anyobody know why? thanks

Because you jumped off to nirwana land - start single stepping earlier
so you can see where you branch off to 0x7xxxxxxx.

Are you absolutely sure this is still within U-Boot code?  Or might it
already be the Linux wrapper running?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What is tolerance? -- it is the consequence of humanity. We  are  all
formed  of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's
folly -- that is the first law of nature.                  - Voltaire