[U-Boot] ep93xx port status

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 14:16:58 CET 2011

On 2 December 2011 22:01, Matthias Kaehlcke <matthias at kaehlcke.net> wrote:
> the main issue the ep93xx port had was relocation.

That's what I'm seeing, having fixed one bug in the initial setup due
to the fact that the low level initial setup code runs from flash
before relocation and from RAM at a different address after, so
nothing can use absolute text addresses at that early stage.

> it was possible to boot from NOR or via tftp and start Linux
>
> I used the port on boards based on the edb9301 and edb9307a
> designs. People reported having it working on other boards of the
> edb93xx family, i recall the edb9315a was one of them

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.  I am guessing that it
was removed because things had changed in the u-boot infrastructure
but this port wasn't updated and didn't compile any more.