[U-Boot] TQM860L_config: u-boot.lds:76 cannot move location counter backwards

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Sat Dec 3 19:40:40 CET 2011

Hi Robert,

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 12:47:47 -0500 (EST)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> > Top of tree:
> > -> git describe
> > v2011.09-1259-g7708d8b
> > -> eldk-switch -r 4.2 ppc_8xx
> > Setup for ppc_8xx (using ELDK 4.2)
>
>   i'm sure someone will yell at me for this question as well, but
> where does one find "eldk-switch"?  i have a fully updated git clone
> of uboot and there is no such script (which is what i assume i'm
> looking for).

eldk-switch is internally used script, it is not distributed with
U-Boot since its purpose is to configure environment in preparation
for building using desired ELDK version.

You don't need this script. You can setup environment i. e. by
running

$ export ARCH=powerpc
$ export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_8xx-
$ export PATH=<your-eldk-root-dir>/usr/bin:$PATH

To check if the environment is set correctly you can try to run
installed cross gcc, i.e. run:

${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc -v

More info is available in ELDK documentation, i. e. [1]

HTH,
Anatolij

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKUsage