[U-Boot] having trouble booting a simple kernel on a TQM860 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 5 11:09:03 CET 2011

Dear Robert,

In message <alpine.DEB.2.02.1112042100270.15118 at oneiric> you wrote:

>   i believe i've solved this issue, at least.  i downloaded ELDK 4.2
> and installed the ppc_8xx- toolchain.  with that, i managed to compile
> u-boot 2010.12 and flashed it to my TQM860, reset and, lo and behold,
> i have a 2010.12 u-boot.  so my u-boot issue seems to be resolved.

You update U-Boot, but to a version 4 releases old.  Why not to
current code?

> which generated a uImage file.  but as i understand it, i want a
> cuImage-format file as i used with my lite5200, so i edited the file

No.  Now you don't need a cuImage nay more.  Just use the DT as I
showed you in the builkd and boot log I sent before.

>   look reasonable?  so i download to the board to address 200000,
> but at this point, any attempt to "bootm 200000" gives me (as before):
> immediately followed by a long line of diamonds with question marks

You may want to read the FAQ:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxUncompressingError

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at  the  wa-
terline.  Beyond  that,  we  all enter the food chain, and not always
right at the top."                               - Hunter S. Thompson