[U-Boot] having trouble booting a simple kernel on a TQM860 board

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Dec 5 11:37:13 CET 2011

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Robert,
>
> In message <alpine.DEB.2.02.1112042100270.15118 at oneiric> you wrote:
> >
> >   i believe i've solved this issue, at least.  i downloaded ELDK 4.2
> > and installed the ppc_8xx- toolchain.  with that, i managed to compile
> > u-boot 2010.12 and flashed it to my TQM860, reset and, lo and behold,
> > i have a 2010.12 u-boot.  so my u-boot issue seems to be resolved.
>
> You update U-Boot, but to a version 4 releases old.  Why not to
> current code?

  i have a number of lite5200s as well that all have 2010.12 on them
and since they work fine for now, i just wanted to make everything
consistent for some people who will be using those boards this week.
once this session is over, everything will be reflashed to the current
version.  your point is, of course, well taken.

> > which generated a uImage file.  but as i understand it, i want a
> > cuImage-format file as i used with my lite5200, so i edited the file
>
> No.  Now you don't need a cuImage nay more.  Just use the DT as I
> showed you in the builkd and boot log I sent before.

  ah, gotcha.  i'll do that, thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca