[U-Boot] How to test a new u-boot image over network?

vikas.sontakke at emc.com vikas.sontakke at emc.com
Wed Dec 7 21:14:03 CET 2011

Hi Anatolij,

Before I attempt to burn the new image in the flash, I want to test it first.  There are instruction on burning this image in to flash but

The documentation that I am looking says following:-
==========================
"If U-Boot is already installed and running on your board, you can use these instructions to download another U-Boot image to replace the current one.

ALERT! Warning: Before you can install the new image, you have to erase the current one. If anything goes wrong your board will be dead. It is strongly recommended that:

    you have a backup of the old, working U-Boot image
    you know how to install an image on a virgin system

ALERT! Proceed as follows: "

<<The rest of the instructions are for burning it in the flash.>>

I am complete newbie at this.  I also tried "go <load_address>" but that caused immediate crash.

I am hoping that this is trivial for somebody who has updated u-boot code.  If I am using wrong command, please tell me correct command to test the u-boot from RAM before burning it to the flash.

Thanks,
- Vikas