[U-Boot] Do we want a generic key code input handler

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Dec 8 23:14:33 CET 2011

Hi,

This is mostly directed at the input maintainer, who may be Wolfgang.

In discussions on the list regarding a new keyboard driver it has come
up that there is no generic way to translate key codes into ASCII
characters, nor to translate unshifted keys to shifted keys. The two
keyboard drivers I can see in U-Boot have their own code for doing
this (and really just map straight to ASCII).

Do we want such a layer in U-Boot, perhaps as an additional file in
drivers/input which does the translation and supports English and
German? It would be called by the two existing drivers and my new one.
I can't see something there already, but maybe it is hidden.

Regards,
Simon