[U-Boot] New Oxford Semiconductor board with assertion fail in linker

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at windriver.com
Tue Dec 20 05:25:41 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Michael Kebe <michael.kebe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Here is the output from a bootup of the old U-Boot:
>> [...]
>>
>> It isn't an answer to your specific problem, but it is a process that
>> will get you there by yourself, at your own pace.  And once you have
>> a more concrete focus on what change caused your problem, then
>> when you do ask for help, you will most likely get better help.
>>
> ... or you can just snap in a JTAG debugger, connect GDB and throw some
> break/watch points here and there ;-)

And how exactly is a JTAG going to help him resolve compile time
issues he's currently having?   Sure, JTAG is nice for things, and
some are lucky enough to have access to one.  But $ means it is not
something everyone has, and it is not a substitute for thinking your
way through a problem.  I'm more apt to use one to restore a bad
flash image than anything else more complicated.

P.