[U-Boot] sata_sil Driver on a PowerPC

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Dec 20 05:41:50 CET 2011

Hi John,

On Monday 19 December 2011 22:26:09 johnc wrote:
> I am using the 405EX "Kilauea" Evaluation Board from
> Applied Micro, and am
> trying to get a Silicon Image 3124 PCIe to SATA adaptor
> working on it.
>
> I have modified the Kilauea configuration to include the
> sata_sil driver with
> the following in the configuration file:
>
> 	#define CONFIG_CMD_SATA
> 	#define CONFIG_FSL_SATA         1

This is definitely wrong. "FSL" is for "Freescale". So its a driver for
Freescales SoC SATA controller.

There is a driver for the SI3124 though. Try this in your config header:

#define CONFIG_CMD_SATA
#define CONFIG_SATA_SIL3114
#define CONFIG_SYS_SATA_MAX_DEVICE	2
#define CONFIG_LIBATA
#define CONFIG_LBA48

Not sure if it works though. I have never used this driver personally.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de