[U-Boot] sata_sil Driver on a PowerPC

John M Cavallo johnc at datadesigncorp.net
Tue Dec 20 13:59:12 CET 2011

On Monday, December 19, 2011 Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote
> Hi John,
>
> On Monday 19 December 2011 22:26:09 johnc wrote:
> > I am using the 405EX "Kilauea" Evaluation Board from
> > Applied Micro, and am
> > trying to get a Silicon Image 3124 PCIe to SATA adaptor
> > working on it.
> >
> > I have modified the Kilauea configuration to include the
> > sata_sil driver with
> >
> > the following in the configuration file:
> > 	#define CONFIG_CMD_SATA
> > 	#define CONFIG_FSL_SATA         1
>
> This is definitely wrong. "FSL" is for "Freescale". So its a driver for
> Freescales SoC SATA controller.
>
> There is a driver for the SI3124 though. Try this in your config header:
>
> #define CONFIG_CMD_SATA
> #define CONFIG_SATA_SIL3114
> #define CONFIG_SYS_SATA_MAX_DEVICE	2
> #define CONFIG_LIBATA
> #define CONFIG_LBA48
>
> Not sure if it works though. I have never used this driver personally.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan
>
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
> HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de

Stefan,

Thanks, but it didn't work. The 3114 is a very different beast from the 3132.

Re-reading the original message, I realized that I had copied the configuration
from another attempt (I really have to work on my proof reeding skills). I
should have said that I was using the sata_sil.c driver which claims to
support the 3132. I am using the configuration:

	#define CONFIG_CMD_SATA

	#define CONFIG_SATA_SIL         1
	#define CONFIG_LIBATA           1
	#define CONFIG_LBA48            1