[U-Boot] New Oxford Semiconductor board with assertion fail in linker

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 20 12:59:28 CET 2011

Dear Michael Kebe,

In message <CAKKM46u=4UrB9+9Sn3HDMvdOdtHvO9p6HWdzTY2WpNExXrD_=A at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Is the "U-Boot code" the address CONFIG_SYS_UBOOT_BASE should be set
> > to? If so, then both addresses are the same, is that ok?
>
> Thanks for the discussion about how to port a new board into U-Boot.
> But I think these questions are forgotten, any further hints?

Not forgotten. But you must not expect that we solve all problems for
you.

CONFIG_SYS_UBOOT_BASE is an undocumented and largely unused variable.
Only very, very few boards define it, and the only plase it ever gets
used is in arch/arm/cpu/arm1176/start.S, and then only if
CONFIG_ENABLE_MMU is set.

We don't know your hardware, we don't know your code. You will have to
figure out yourself if this is something that is imprtant to you.

Please note that the TEXT_BASE value you found looks a bit wrong for
recent versions of U-Boot.  One of the major changes we have in the
past few years was that now U-Boot gets relocated to the end of
physical RAM, and not just copied to a compile-time determined fix
address as before.  I speculate that this setting predates the
relocation, so you need to change the related parts.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Wait!  You have not been prepared!
	-- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate 3113.2