[U-Boot] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git (post branch)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 30 17:49:41 CEST 2011

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <BANLkTimMPtK0gyhRGammL0igYKsB0O2HCA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i just went through patchwork and d/l-ed the ones posted there and
> compared to my local tree to come to the conclusion that everything
> has already been posted (which is something i was not sure of when i
> sent things out a few days ago).  it was a pita, but a requirement you
> stipulated.

As a result of this action you could have come up with a branch that
includes all the stuff that "has already been posted".  There was no
need nor any benefit from reposting the stuff again.  On contrary, it
is just wasting time and resources.

> > And why do you think the rules for posting patches don't apply to
> > you?
>
> i never said that, and i already explained why i did what i did

Then please follow the rules.  Don't repost other people's patches
unchanged; and if you change them, provide proper indication in the
Subject and a patch's change log.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A wise person makes his  own  decisions,  a  weak  one  obeys  public
opinion.                                           -- Chinese proverb