[U-Boot] Memory size detection on P1011

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 5 21:43:58 CEST 2011

Dear Felix Radensky,

In message <4DC2F72F.2050009 at embedded-sol.com> you wrote:

> The closest example of using get_ram_size() I've found is
> for MPC8548 TQM boards. But all these boards have 4-bank
> memory devices, so I'm sure my case was tested. Don't you
> think there can be a problem with reprogramming bank number
> in this particular DDR controller ?

I haven't done this myself yet on this hardware, but I would be very
surprised if you could not reprogram the controller.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You might not be as stupid as you look. This is not hard. Let's think
about this. I mean ... I'll think about this, and  you  can  join  in
when you know the words.             - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_