[U-Boot] at91sam9260ek and mmc

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Mon May 30 21:07:37 CEST 2011

Dear Jan Pohanka,

> I'm trying to get u-boot 2010.12 working on at91sam9260ek devkit with
> mmc support. I have read several discussions here and followed the
> steps described in README.atmel-mci. (my config and board file are
> below...)

2010.12 is outdated. Use current top of tree. Besides I have a mmc enabled
(and working) 9260ek port in my WIP branch that I will post soon.

> There are two issues I'm facing.
>
> The first one: When I enable mmc support, the dataflash stops to work.
> According to info from boot process, dataflash is detected correctly,
> but no data can be read (environment) or written.

Dataflash and MMC are mutually exclusive on the 9260ek. Only one should be
enabled and used.

> The second one: fatls command causes u-boot to freeze with following message

You have to remove the CS jumper to the dataflash chip, otherwise you get
contention between mmc and dataflash hardware.

Reinhard