[U-Boot] mx35pdk vs. mx35_3stack

Teemu Keskinarkaus teemu.keskinarkaus at crosscontrol.com
Wed Sep 7 09:45:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

From: u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de [mailto:u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de] On Behalf Of Stefano Babic

> Well, the mx35pdk (aka mx35_3stack) has always NOR flash, so far as I know. Do you mean you are running a custom board ?
Yes, I'm running custom board.

> There is no such a simple CONFIG_ to switch them and you must add support for it.

> To boot with NAND, you have to use the SPL mechanism. This set up the RAM and copies the u-boot image from NAND to RAM. NAND driver for the
> MX35 is supported, so it should be not a big effort to add the board.
I'm currently running U-boot from Freescale that runs as is in dev-board as well and it boots from NAND. That's why I thought that newer U-boot would also, but I guess I was mistaken. I'll have to take a look how to get U-boot to boot from NAND instead of NOR unless someone else has already made this patch? I don't think I'm first one with this problem?

- Teemu