[U-Boot] mx35pdk vs. mx35_3stack

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Sep 6 09:06:07 CEST 2011

On 09/06/2011 06:29 AM, Teemu Keskinarkaus wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Teemu,

> -----Original Message----- From: Stefano Babic
> [mailto:sbabic at denx.de]
>
> Take into account that the u-boot.bin in the last release must be
> stored on the NOR flash of your board - the board has both NAND and
> NOR flash. The DIP switch on the main board and on the Debug
> extension must be set to boot from the NOR flash.
>
> Yes, I just realized that it might be the cause. I our hw doesn't
> have NOR, only NAND.

Well, the mx35pdk (aka mx35_3stack) has always NOR flash, so far as I
know. Do you mean you are running a custom board ?

>  I looked in mx35pdk.h config-header, but
> couldn't find place where to config U-boot for NAND. I'm compiling
> U-boot myself and not using precompiled binary.

There is no such a simple CONFIG_ to switch them and you must add
support for it.

To boot with NAND, you have to use the SPL mechanism. This set up the
RAM and copies the u-boot image from NAND to RAM. NAND driver for the
MX35 is supported, so it should be not a big effort to add the board.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de