[U-Boot] Microblaze/Xilinx drivers changes

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 13 15:57:32 CEST 2011

Dear Michal Simek,

In message <4E6F5C13.3000005 at monstr.eu> you wrote:

> > Please read:
> > http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/U-Boot/Patches#Sending_updated_patch_versions
>
> What about patch resubmit or resend?

Resending unchanged patches should be avoided, if possible.  First, it
just wastes bandwith and storage space.  Second (and more important),
PatchWork has problems with this: it locates patcehs based on their
hashes, and for reposted patches, it will always find the _oldest_
matching patch.  So even if we set N-1 of your repostings to
"Superseded" or similar, Patchwork will set the oldest of these as
"Accepted" and your Nth posting remains in state "New".

[Only the body of the patch is relevant here, so even postings of the
same patch by different people or with changed commit messages will be
handled like that.]

So only resend when you have large series of patches with very few
unchanged patches in them.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God but  to
create him."                                       - Arthur C. Clarke