[U-Boot] Microblaze/Xilinx drivers changes

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Tue Sep 13 16:40:32 CEST 2011

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Michal Simek,
>
> In message <4E6F5C13.3000005 at monstr.eu> you wrote:
>>> Please read:
>>> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/U-Boot/Patches#Sending_updated_patch_versions
>> What about patch resubmit or resend?
>
> Resending unchanged patches should be avoided, if possible.  First, it
> just wastes bandwith and storage space.  Second (and more important),
> PatchWork has problems with this: it locates patcehs based on their
> hashes, and for reposted patches, it will always find the _oldest_
> matching patch.  So even if we set N-1 of your repostings to
> "Superseded" or similar, Patchwork will set the oldest of these as
> "Accepted" and your Nth posting remains in state "New".
>
> [Only the body of the patch is relevant here, so even postings of the
> same patch by different people or with changed commit messages will be
> handled like that.]
>

> So only resend when you have large series of patches with very few
> unchanged patches in them.

ok. Let's look at it.

I my repo are 4 patch series.
1. emaclite: 10 patches. At least 6 will be resubmit.
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111768/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111769/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111770/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111771/

Probably not possible to apply because of v2 in 111772
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111773/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111775/

2. microblaze series - 4 resubmits
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/112528/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/112529/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/112530/ - depend on patch from emaclite series not functional - just to avoid conflict
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/112531/

+ 3 patches which I can't see on patchwork but can see it on mailing list.

3. serial multi uartlite v3 required - 1 resubmit
+ http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/113567/ - wire up for MB

4. axi ethernet v3 required - 1 resubmit
+ http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/112533/ - wire up for MB

Series 3 and 4 should go together because the first patch must be driver change and then MB changes.

ok. Can I delegate patches through patchwork which are not review and probably should be reviewed or applied?
Or change subjects for every patch if is new version or resend?

Regards,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)