[U-Boot] SPL boot modes

Simon Schwarz simonschwarzcor at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:14:13 CEST 2011

Hi Joel,

The current release (based on u-boot-ti) is V9:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/Simon/OMAP3_SPL_V9/

Or V10
http://mid.gmane.org/1315949258-12064-1-git-send-email-trini@ti.com
(based on u-boot-arm)

Actually this may already work (although I haven't tested it yet). If
you define CONFIG_SPL_MMC_SUPPORT and CONFIG_SPL_NAND_SUPPORT (plus the
necessary defines for them) in your board header it is looking for the
bootdevice the ROM code used and tries to load  the image from it.

If you try MMC with OMAP3 I would appreciate a message if it works or not.

Regards
Simon