[U-Boot] SPL boot modes

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 23:10:06 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Simon Schwarz
<simonschwarzcor at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> The current release (based on u-boot-ti) is V9:
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/Simon/OMAP3_SPL_V9/
>
> Or V10
> http://mid.gmane.org/1315949258-12064-1-git-send-email-trini@ti.com
> (based on u-boot-arm)
>
> Actually this may already work (although I haven't tested it yet). If
> you define CONFIG_SPL_MMC_SUPPORT and CONFIG_SPL_NAND_SUPPORT (plus the
> necessary defines for them) in your board header it is looking for the
> bootdevice the ROM code used and tries to load  the image from it.
>
> If you try MMC with OMAP3 I would appreciate a message if it works or not.

I've managed to port over to omap3evm and beagleboard (both xM and rev
C) and boot from MMC.  I haven't yet gotten NAND happy on omap3evm and
will be attempting NAND on beagleboard rev C soon.  And I'll post a
full patch series once things work a bit more (as I've told Simon
privately I had to rework the memory init hook a bit).

--
Tom