[U-Boot] Application of patch submitted during the previous Merge Window

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 25 21:55:07 CEST 2011

Dear Graeme Russ,

In message <4E7C63A0.5050005 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Just add them to my ToDo list by assigning them to me...
>
> Done - They are still 'New' (didn't know if you wanted that changed)

Thanks.  "New" is ok - it's what I expect for patche that  have not
been applied anywhere yet.

> Coreboot switched from SVN to git and gerrit

Switching to git makes perfect sense to me.

Using gerrit?  Hm... All my work in this context is e-mail based, and
I think many others work in a similar way.  Web-based tools may be
more "modern", but I have to admit that I am not convinced that they
are any more helpful or efficient.

> > That would be easy to do...
>
> Maybe that's what we do - Once a patch reaches maturity (a revision with an
> Ack and maybe a Tested-by) any maintainer can just put it in the 'next'
> repo - You can always veto it and not pull it into mainline anyway, but at
> least it gives everyone a semi-stable platform to base patches for the next
> merge window

OK, let's try it out.  Which name should we use? [I don't want to use
"next" for this - we already use this name, in other context.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That was the thing about deserts. They had their  own  gravity.  They
sucked you into the centre.           - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_