[U-Boot] Sandbox question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 23 08:41:08 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a few sandbox related questions (examples run on v2012.04)

1) Memory map - What is it supposed to look like?

   I get "DRAM:  128 MiB", and

	=>bdi
	boot_params = 0x00000000
	DRAM bank   = 0x00000000
	-> start    = 0x00000000
	-> size     = 0x08000000
	FB base     = 0x00000000

   Yet I get:

   	=>md 0x100
	00000100:Segmentation fault

2) Sandbox does no handle EOF on stadin; this makes it impossible to
   use it in test scripts.  For example, something like this should
   work:

   	$ echo printenv | ./u-boot

   [As woraround I have to use ``echo 'printenv;reset' | ./u-boot'';
   this works, but is not really intuitive nore useful.]

3) For automatic test suites it would make a lot of sense if the
   return code of U-Boot was the return code of the last executed
   command (expecially when termination of U-Boot is the result of
   encountering EOF on stdin).

What do you think?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their
home.      -- Ken Olsen (President of Digital Equipment Corporation),
              Convention of the World Future Society, in Boston, 1977