[U-Boot] Sandbox question

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Apr 23 17:41:15 CEST 2012

On Monday 23 April 2012 02:41:08 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>    	=>md 0x100
> 	00000100:Segmentation fault

yes, this is because the code to make this work was reverted because of ppc
oddity.  i haven't reviewed that yet to see why, but it seems to me that the
ppc code is not quite right.

> 2) Sandbox does no handle EOF on stadin; this makes it impossible to
>    use it in test scripts.  For example, something like this should
>    work:
>
>    	$ echo printenv | ./u-boot

currently as designed -- this is how the hardware works after all.  it keeps
polling stdin forever and there is no concept of "EOF" in a serial port.  the
reads are also non-blocking, so i'm not sure it's possible to tell when you've
got EOF vs read too fast.  might be able to contingent on stdin being a TTY
though.

> 3) For automatic test suites it would make a lot of sense if the
>    return code of U-Boot was the return code of the last executed
>    command (expecially when termination of U-Boot is the result of
>    encountering EOF on stdin).

i'm not sure how hard that is to pass on.  Simon might know since he's been
grubbing around the shell internals lately.  we could have reset take an
argument in the sandbox path so it's easy to pass back arbitrary values in the
middle of a script.
-mike