[U-Boot] Can anyone help me to solve the stack problem of U-boot? Urgent~

吳志峰 civic.xyz at msa.hinet.net
Wed Apr 25 18:35:07 CEST 2012

Dear all:

I had a ARM platform which call DVTEST.

While booting, the platform (ROM code) will copy image from SD card to SDRAM
base address (0x0).

So my TEXT_BASE address should be start from 0x00000000.

But I found all the ARM platforms in U-boot didn’t start from their SDRAM
base address.

They also set up the stack pointer by growing up direction

        /* Set up the stack                                              */

stack_setup:

        ldr    r0, _TEXT_BASE              /* upper 128 KiB: relocated uboot
*/

        sub   r0, r0, #CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN      /* malloc area
*/

        sub   r0, r0, #CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE  /* bdinfo           */

My question is can I start U-boot from SDRAM base address (0x00000000)?

If so, how to change the stack direction?  (GCC option or some else)

Please help me because this problem had confused me a lot of days.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Richard