[U-Boot] CREDITS for some old code

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 13 12:20:34 CEST 2012

Dear Jeremy,

In message <CDEAAB86-94D1-402D-B6C7-E72A337A281C at jeremya.com> you wrote:

> I'm not usually this pedantic, but about 9 years ago I ported the
> CoLiLo boot loader to the ColdFire MCF5249 platform, and it appears
> as though some of my code has been assimilated into U-Boot. I
> recently came across my comments verbatim in the master branch!

This has nothing to do with pedantism; your request is perfectly
right.

> Please see lines 681-684 and 694-697 of
> arch/m68k/cpu/mcf52x2/cpu_init.c for an example. The "~Jeremy" is
> me...

Indeed.

It appears the respective code was added as commit 8c725b9 "Coldfire
MCF5249 support added" by "stroese" = Stefan Roese.

Stefan, can you please comment and explain where exactly this code has
been derived from?

> It would be nice to have my name added to the CREDITS file if at all possible:
>
> N: Jeremy C. Andrus
> E: jeremy at jeremya.com
> D: MCF5249 initialization code

Can you please submit a patch for this?  Thanks!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.